Jessica Biel & Justin Timberlake are Married – What it Takes to Beat the Odds in Hollywood and Create a Lasting Relationship.
After five years of dating, Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel said bye-bye to single life and tied the knot in a top-secret, star-studded, intimate ceremony at a quaint seaside resort in the southern Italian city of Fasano.
But the big question on everyone’s mind is: Will it last? Do they have a fighting chance? For the most part, celebrity marriages rarely have the fairy tale happily-ever-after ending fans hope they will. Unfortunately, celebrity news is packed full of star couples calling it quits.
The number one challenge Jessica & Justin will be facing, as life-long partners and especially as a celebrity couple, is learning how to maintain the balance between family life and their star-studded careers. The demands of separate schedules, hungry fans, incessant paparazzi intrusion, infidelity temptations, along with the normal bumps in the road that every relationship faces take an enormous toll on celebrity marriages.
Despite the challenges, this beautiful pair has some good things going for them. For one thing, Jessica and Justin are starting married life with a lot relationship experience as a couple under their belts. Five years gave them plenty of time to really learn about each other, take off their mask, and really see and know each other. Also, they’ve both managed successful careers, kept their private lives private, survived a break-up and even with all the numerous available options (the emphasis is on numerous) available to them, they have come together to say, “I do, with YOU.”
How can Jessica & Justin keep the smiles on their faces and the glow in their hearts burning long after the wedding excitement dies down as they return to their ordinary (er…extraordinary) lives once again?
Here are some tips for Jessica & Justin, but truly for anyone who wants a thriving, happy, loving, and long-lasting relationship:
1. Give each other attention. Spend quality time together, communicating, sharing, building your friendship, and having fun. Let’s face it, we all want to know that we are loved, valued, accepted, and known—even movie stars. It’s important to demonstrate to your partner, in words and actions, that you love them.
When apart (working on a film shoot or promoting your next big project), keep the communication flowing and interactive: Text message, instant messaging, sexting, Skype date nights, anything that says, “Wishing you were here with me. I love you.”
Celebrities, like us regular people, have a lot of distractions and responsibilities that can take time away from relationship. Too many distractions and too much time apart can certainly fizzle the sizzle of romantic love because it creates a strain on the friendship and chips away at trust. Combat this by keeping the conversation and communication flowing. When something doesn’t feel right, speak up right away and vow to work through it.
2. Appreciate each other. Be generous with praise, gratitude and acknowledgement. Accentuating the positive and acknowledging what is good in each other and in the relationship, has positive effects on both partners. Let your partner know OUT LOUD when you are thinking GOOD things about them. It makes them feel good and it’s so easy to do!
3. Be affectionate. Studies have shown that affectionate touch actu¬ally boosts the body’s levels of oxytocin, a hor¬mone that influences bonding and attachment. So embrace, kiss and touch regularly. Show your partner that you’re there for them, physically, with a hug, or a light touch on the shoulder as you walk past. It takes little time to open your arms to one another, but these little displays of affection have HUGE benefits.
Here’s a simple truth: you get out of a relationship what you put into it. You’ve got to make love deposits into your relationship “account” daily in order to maintain a healthy love balance.
Just as your car needs fuel and your body needs food, an intimate relationship needs quality time together, candid communication and thoughtful acts of loving kindness on a daily basis to keep the romance flowing and the friendship growing.
Jessica & Justin will both need to overcome the challenges of their celebrity careers and make their relationship their number one priority in order to keep their marriage thriving. Applying these tips for Affection, Attention and Appreciation will help this celebrity ‘super power couple’ prove their critics wrong by staying happily married for a long, long time!
We all have unique circumstances in our lives that make marriage more of a pragmatic reality than a “fairy tale” fantasy. Celebrities have even more challenges than the average person, despite what their lives may look like from the outside. Yet, by making love a priority every day, both Justin and Jessica, and you, too, can make your relationship, and therefore your life, a whole lot sweeter.
This article was written by Dr. Sheri Meyers, America’s leading love and intimacy expert.
Share and Enjoy
You Might Also Like:
Want to know more? Click here.
Why Your Relationship Needs a Social Media PreNup
After Infidelity - Can a Marriage Be Saved?
Chatting or Cheating: When Does it Start?
Dr. Sheri on CBS's "The Couch"
Cheating on the Web
Why Powerful Men Cheat
The Difference Between Chatting and Cheating
5 Reasons Why Men Cheat
Connect with Dr. Sheri
- affairs (6)
- Articles (11)
- Better Communication (6)
- body language (3)
- Break Ups & Loss (2)
- breakdowns (3)
- Chatting or Cheating Blog | Dr. Sheri Meyers | Relationship Advice (27)
- Cheating (7)
- communicating (3)
- Dr. Sheri's Appearances (20)
- emotional sex (4)
- Facebook (4)
- infidelity (8)
- internet addiction (2)
- intimacy (4)
- jealousy (1)
- love (4)
- On TV (2)
- power struggles (1)
- Rebuilding (5)
- relating (3)
- Relationship Problem Fixes (3)
- Relationship Recovery & Repair (6)
- Relationships (1)
- romance (4)
- sex (3)
- Sheri Meyers (3)
- Social Media (4)
- Tests & Quizzes (1)
- What's New? (1)